OSMO Polyx Hard Wax Oil #3054 The Original Hardwax Oil
OSMO Polyx-Oil, The original Hardwax Oil from all natural oils and waxes
- Clear Stain Satin Finish
- 645 Square Feet one coat coverage 2.5L
- Sunflower oil, Soybean oil, Thissle oil, Carnauba wax, candelilla wax
- Available here in .125L Sample Size, .75L and 2.5L
|1 items||$139.00 / each|
|2 or more items||$132.00 / each||save 5%|
Because it is microporous, Hardwax Oil works well in rooms with high humidity, such as kitchens. It meets German standards for resistance to stains from wine, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice and, of course, beer.
Spot repairs are easy. There's no need to strip the whole floor or even to remove old Hardwax Oil. For minor repairs, just scuff the damaged area with fine steel wool, coat with OSMO Liquid Wax Cleaner and buff lightly when the cleaner is dry. If a more extensive fix is needed, use Hardwax Oil. Make repairs regularly, and the finish will last indefinitely.
This product provides no protection against ultraviolet rays from the sun, so it is not suitable for outdoor use.
This is an oil-based product. Like most finishes—even water-based ones—it needs a solvent to perform properly. OSMO uses the safest one that works with oil-based finishes: benzene-free, low-odor mineral spirits. This is an aliphatic petroleum distillate, which means it is a petroleum product that has its carbon atoms arranged in open chains instead of rings. The more toxic, aromatic or ring hydrocarbons have been removed, resulting in a milder odor.
Benefits of OSMO Polyx-oil (the original hardwax oil):
- Made mostly from readily renewable, natural ingredients.
- Extremely durable—keeps existing flooring in good shape for decades.
- When dry, meets European safety standards for use on children's furniture and
- Toys and resistance to perspiration and saliva.
- Contains no biocides or preservatives, only aliphatic low-odor mineral spirits that meet the German standard for purity.
Practical benefits include:
- Preserves the look and feel of real wood—not a plastic coating.
- Easy to apply—just two thin coats.
- Will not raise the grain when applied. Therefore no need to sand between coats.
- Thixotropic—no brush marks in hot weather.
- Penetrates into the wood surface, keeping it elastic but making it water-resistant. Finished wood won't show water stains.
- Easy to clean—just vacuum and damp-mop.
- Apply a very thin coat, using a broad metal scraper like a squeegee to spread the finish as much as possible. The cork will immediately absorb all of the finish.
- Let it dry for at least 24 hours—48 is better. Ensure good ventilation.
- Apply the second coat with a plastic foam roller. With a clean cloth, immediately wipe up any excess. On installed floors, be extra careful to make sure finish doesn't puddle along seams.
- Again let the finish dry for at least 24 hours, 48 if possible, with good ventilation.
For Spot Repairs:
- Sand off scratches or other damage. On wood, start with 80-grit sandpaper on deep gouges and finish with 100-grit. On cork, use 100-grit only. Vacuum away dust.
- Wipe on a small amount of Hardwax Oil. Do not allow to puddle, and allow it to dry for 24 to 48 hours with good ventilation.
- Buff with extra-fine steel wool or a 3M Scotch Brite white pad to blend the edges of the patch into the surrounding finish.
WARNING: Spontaneous Combustion Danger!
Oil-soaked materials (rags, steel wool, sanding dust, etc.) may spontaneously combust.
Immerse oil-soaked materials in water and store in an air-tight container.
WARNING: Contains Flammable Solvents!
Use only in areas with no open flames or other sources of ignition. No smoking. Provide good ventilation.
Observe all local and federal laws that pertain to the handling and storage of these types of products.